You’ll need the latest version of VirtualBox (1.6) with Guest Additions installed in Ubuntu.
- With the Virtual Machine powered off and selected in VirtualBox, go to:
Machine > Settings… > Shared Folders
- For “Folder Path”, click the icon to browse for the folder you want to share.
- For “Folder Name”, enter a name to describe the share.
- Click “OK” and start the virtual machine again.
- Create a mount point which is basically an empty folder.
- Fire up the terminal and type:
sudo mount -t vboxsf folder_name path_to_mount_point
folder_name is the name you typed in earlier to describe the share
- Woot! You should be able to browse the shared folder now.